3/7/10

DAMMIT, Calvin

Mr. Harris should be tried for selling out and generally being a tit. Let's do a little comparison between some of his earlier work and some of his more recent work. So he came out with I Created Disco in 2007, then more recently Ready for the Weekend in 2009. I can't believe how disappointing his new album is. Anyway, back to the comparison. Here is my favorite song from his first album, Merrymaking at My Place:



You may not love this track but I hope you can appreciate how goofy and fun it is. Anyway, he went from this lighthearted, budget sort of music to BOOM! super-produced David Guetta bullshit. I guess it only makes sense but I misjudged him! Let's complete the comparison. Here's a recent track called Flashback:



Isn't it crazy how much you agree with me? But let's not cry over this. Seriously, stop crying. At least Mr. Oizo knows what to do with these increasingly vintage-sounding Harris tracks. Listen to this disco electrotrain he fashioned out of Merrymaking at My Place:



Can we just sigh over Mr. Oizo for a minute? Remember, he's the one who graced us with this:



That flat beat can make you believe in love. Flat love. Hehheh

No comments:

Post a Comment